Plant foods can give you all the essential nutrients you need and make you worry less about getting more calories than required. It has lesser fats and calories. Here are two easy plant-based breakfast recipes.
Orange French Toast
Here are the ingredients for the toast:
- 1 cup aquafaba
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup unflavored, unsweetened plant milk
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ½ tablespoon orange zest (from half an orange)
- 8 whole-grain bread slices
Ingredients For Sauce
- Apple sauce
- Maple syrup
- Heat the oven to reach 400˚F. Spread a baking sheet over a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, mix the plant milk, aquafaba, flour, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Stir all ingredients until smooth.
- Move it to a lightweight pan. Add orange zest and blend it well.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip the sides of the bread slice one by one in the mixture and let soak for a few seconds.
- After placing the bread slices in a skillet, cook it for about 3 minutes over medium to low heat.
- Place the bread toast on the wire rack and place it in the oven.
- Bake the bread slices until they become crisp.
- For the sauce, blend all the ingredients – apple sauce, maple syrup, and berries in a high-speed blender until it attains a chunky consistency. Pour the sauce over the toast and serve it warm.
Banana Almond Granola
Here are the ingredients:
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pitted and chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- Heat-up the oven to 275°F.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add oats to a bowl and place it aside.
- Add one cup of water into a medium saucepan and place it over the stove.
- Now add dates and bring it to a boil. Cook it for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add bananas, salt, and almond extract into a blender.
- Add in the date mixture to the blender and process until smooth.
- Add the mixture into the bowl with oats and mix well.
- Spread out the granola evenly over the baking sheets.
- Bake until the granola turns crispy. That will take almost 40 – 50 minutes. Remember to stir every 10 minutes.
- Take out from the oven let it cool. Garnish it with slivered almonds on top.